1. The way we make them
We work on making beautiful, high quality products, not on how quickly or cheaply things can be made.
Here’s why we describe our Roman blinds and curtains as beautifully hand made our way.
- No stitch lines through to the face of the blind. We hand stab stitch.
- Traditional rod pockets sewn into the cotton lining. No cheap lining tape.
- Interlined blinds are finished with hand mitred corners.
- Hand stitched brass rings to guide the cords.
- End caps on all the rods and bottom bar to protect the blind from wear.
- Our interlined blinds are made the traditional way with a layer of interlining herringbone stitched
in with the fabric, then covered with cotton lining.
- Hand stitched hems and sides
- Double 8cm hems on floor length and double 6cm hems on sill length
- Hand made double pleats. we dont use curtain tape for this
- Hand pleating
- Hand mitred corners, hand slip stiched in
- Double pin hooks on heavy curtains
2. The materials we use
These are the materials we use and finishing touches we offer as standard.
- Capped rods and Bars
- Specialist Roman Blind lining
- Brass rings
- Choice of chain finishes
- Specially chosen Interlining we think is best for blinds
- We use fabrics that we know the quality of and trust.
- Highest quality linings
- Specially chosen Interlining we think is best for curtains
- Fabric covered lead weights
- We use fabrics that we know the quality of and trust
3. About Us
Dolman and Taylor is based on the edge of the Cotswolds near Chipping Norton.
We are very knowledgable about the fabrics we sell and would be happy to offer you advice on their suitability for your planned use.
Our make up processes are based on traditional methods and much hand stitching because we believe it gives the best finish. That is not to say we are stuck in the victorian era, we do use state of the art sewing machines and modern methods and materials where we think they are better than the old fashioned way.
Dolman & Taylor is owned and run by Cindy Taylor who has many years of experience in curtain making, blind making and working with fabrics. As well as making your curtains and blinds she also makes curtains and soft furnishings for the National Trust.